Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm so excited...things are moving again!


Haven't heard from me for a while. I've been to the bank to borrow money. Met with a landscape designer to talk about my backyard dreams. Met with a landscaper who said he could take my deck out. Monday! Came home to find the 21 year old redwood boards neatly stacked, and no deck up to the oak tree. I've been so curious about what was under the deck after all these years. Guess. Acorns of course. Insidious creatures.
So this is the first step to making my Mediterranean garden. That's what Paul called it. Has a nice sound to it. We're thinking about easy care, low water, perennial plants. Can't wait to see what Kathleen's plans look like.

Paul found a place that will recycle the wood. I'm not sure if they have any building value, but even as wood chips it would be better than just dumping them in the landfill. Think green.

I've learned that people who know what they are doing can get things done in no time at all. If the good weather holds, I'll have something pleasant to look at as I gaze out the kitchen window. Hopefully I won't have a big mud puddle. I'll keep you posted friends.

5 comments:

  1. The Mediterranean garden sounds just right for you, Pen. I can visualize us having wine out there, so there had better be a place to sit in a shady spot! I know this will enhance your life greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope your backyard redo went well (and that you took lots of pictures this summer) and got lots of fat-quarter inspiration too. (By the way if we have another girl in the future, "Penny" is on the top of our name list.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok this is an undertaking..what may I ask is that huge tree in your backyard..it looks like it a couple hundred years old..look forward to seeing your progress..blessings madame samm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your garden. You are going to have so much fun with this. I love gardening!
    I used to teach special ed. too, so we have a lot in common.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your yard...I noticed that Micki just said practically the same thing. Hope the weather holds for you.

    ReplyDelete